The musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac launches the new call for applications of its Sound Art Residency program.
Sound Art Residency Call for applications
2024 - 2025
The Sound Art Residency is open exclusively to artists who come from one of the four continents represented in the collections of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac: Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas. There is no age limit to apply.
The jury will give precedence to pieces conceived in connection with the museum’s collections, interests and theme.
The winning project will be chosen in the spring of 2024 by an international jury that will bring together various personalities from the world of sound and audiovisual creation. The museum will pay the winning artist an endowment of €8,000 and will also finance the production of the sound work, which will be presented to the public and may become part of the museum's collections.
- Applications must be received by: February 18th 2024.
- May 2024: Selection of the laureate after an interview
- June 2024 to February 2025: Research and creation, with two creative sessions at the museum in Paris and Le Fresnoy - Studio national des arts contemporains in Tourcoing
- Mid-March 2025: End of the residency and public presentation of the piece
- Download the Call for applications and its appendices (ZIP - 4 MB).