The Scientific Committee of the Osmothèque, International Perfume Conservatory and the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac invite you to a study day on the theme of "Memory and Fragrance", explored from the angle of collective memory and the way in which different cultures from different eras use scents and perfumes in daily practices and rituals.
How long have humans used scents and perfumes in rituals? Where is the line between everyday practice and olfactory ritual? Are there any fragrance rituals that aren't religious? What role do scents and perfumes play in these rituals? What do they say about our approach to the world?
These are just some of the questions that a panel of interdisciplinary researchers and professional perfumers will answer, providing their expertise to shed specific light on the relationship between humans and their environment through their perception and manipulation of scents and perfumes in a variety of cultural and religious contexts, both ancient and contemporary.
- The scientific committee of the Osmothèque :
- Sophie-Valentine Borloz, Doctor of French Literature and Researcher at the University of Lausanne
- Eugénie Briot, Doctor of History of Techniques (CNAM) and Program Manager at the Givaudan Perfumery School.
- Alice Camus, Doctor of Modern History at Sorbonne University and independent researcher
- Isabelle Chazot, Doctor of Comparative Literature, Chair of the Scientific Committee of the Osmothèque
- Olivier David, Doctor of Organic Chemistry, Senior Lecturer in Chemistry at the University of Versailles, Paris-Saclay
- Thomas Fontaine, Independent Perfumer, President of Osmothèque
- Chantal Jaquet, Philosopher, Professor at the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Annick le Guérer, Doctor at the University of Paris V, expert in smell and perfume
- Erika Wicky, Doctor of Art History, Research Fellow, Bibliotheca Hertziana (Rome) - Max Planck Institute for Art History
MUSEE DU QUAI BRANLY - JACQUES CHIRAC
- Philippe Charlier, Director of Research and Education, musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac
- Anna Gianotti Laban, musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac.
Contact : email@example.com
- Duration: 13:31
- Place: Salle de cinéma
The Wednesday 12 April 2023 from 09:30 to 18:30
- Handicap moteur
- Public: Researcher, student, All publics
- Categorie : Seminars
Free (reservation required)Gratuit sur réservation