Sammy Butcher : out of the shadows
Film et Vidéo
- Auteurs : Watts Lisa ; Collins Allan ; Butcher Sammy ;
- Sujets : Aborigènes d'Australie -- Australie -- Territoire du Nord (Australie), Guitaristes, Groupes rock, Country, Australia Central Australia, Australia, Northern Territory, Films documentaires Australie Territoire du Nord (Australie), Courts métrages, Butcher, Sammy, Warumpi Band
- Comprend : A portrait of Sammy Butcher, one of the leading figures in the contemporary Indigenous music scene
- Langue(s) : Australiennes, langues
- Description matérielle : 1 DVD toutes zones (24 min), : Coul., (PAL), son.
- Pays de publication : Australie
- Collection (notice d'ensemble) : The CAAMA collection, Nganampa Anwernekenhe
La 4e de couverture du conteneur indique : 'Features Aboriginal musician, Sammy Butcher, who tells the story of his life and music. Includes accounts of his Warumpi Band, with selected footage their performances of songs and music from their repertoire, and highlights from the concert, Stompen Ground 2000. Features also, amongst many, members of his band, and the Little Orphan Band which Sammy set up to teach young Aboriginal kids music, songs and the traditional ways. Sammy reflects on his music and songs, hoping the messages in them reach his people. Follows him on his trip to the ancestral home of his dreaming, Rainbow Serpent dreaming, at Pikilyi, near the Yinjirrimardi area. He hopes to learn more stories of his dreaming which could be included in his songs. A map shows these places, close to the Tanami River region. Includes also selected archival footage of guest appearances; and ABC news footage of the Papunya Opening studios'