Building season in Tiébélé (Kasena, Burkina Faso) : a royal compound in change
Film et Vidéo
- Auteurs : Engelbrecht Beate (1952-....) ; Fiedermutz-Laun Annemarie ;
- Editeurs : Göttingen IWF Wissen und Medien gGmbH [éd., prod., distrib.] ;
- Date d'édition : 1999
- Sujets : Architecture -- DVD -- Burkina Faso, Films documentaires DVD Burkina Faso
- Langue(s) : Anglais, Allemand
- Description matérielle : 1 DVD mono face toutes zones (1 h 35 min), : Coul., (PAL), son.
- Pays de publication : Allemagne
- Collection (notice d'ensemble) : Geisteswissenschaften Humanities
- N° de référence commerciale : C2018
Sous-titres en anglais et en allemand ; Lieu de tournage : Afrique, Burkina Faso, Kasena, Tiébélé, 1995
Les bâtiments de la région de Kasena sont des témoignages impressionnants de l'architecture. Les ensembles, habités par plusieurs familles, construits et les installations de défense de très grande perfection technique sont d'une grande valeur esthétique. ; The buildings of the Kasena are impressive testimonies of our world's architecture. The compounds, which are inhabited by several families, were originally constructed as defence installations and are now uniting technically perfected edifices of a high aesthetic value. Especially during the dry season new houses, granaries and stairways are being built or restored. If a house was supposed to serve the practice of traditional rites in former times, it had to be constructed in the traditional brick lay technique with lumps of clay. Nowadays that process can also be carried out using air-dried clay bricks. More and more rectangular houses emerge in between the round houses. The flat roofs are part of the inhabitants living space and are put up with the help of a self-supporting wooden construction. The wall decorations which the women apply to the inside as well as the outside of the houses are of outstanding character. This film demonstrates the different building techniques in the royal compound of Tiébélé. The inhabitants of the compound comment on the film in interviews with Pebebounga Michel Poadiague. An insight into the social life illustrates its significance to the building activities. Problems of the compound's future in view of political and economical developments are discussed.