Film et Vidéo
- Auteurs : Gardner Robert (1925-2014) ; Mekas Jonas (1922-....) ;
- Editeurs : Watertown, Mass. Documentary Educational Resources ;
- Date d'édition : 2006
- Sujets : Films expérimentaux -- DVD -- États-Unis, Films ethnographiques DVD États-Unis, Films ethnographiques, Mekas, Jonas -- Entretien -- DVD, Gardner
- Comprend : Screening room with Robert Gardner
- Langue(s) : Anglais
- Description matérielle : 1 DVD mono face toutes zones (1 h 14 min), : Coul., sonore
- Pays de publication : États-Unis
- Collection (notice d'ensemble) : Screening room DVD series, Experimental.
Version en anglais
Indiqué sur la jaquette : Jonas Mekas - filmmaker, film critic, archivist, poet, lecturer and curator - is one of the leading figures of American avant-garde film and video. Born in Lithuania, he immigrated to New York in 1949 after spending time in Nazi forced labor camps and displaced persons camps. In addition to his many narrative and diary films that have screened extensively at festivals and museums around the world, he has worked as editor-in-chief of Film Culture, movie critic for the Village Voice and co-founder of Anthology Film Archives, one of the world's largest and most important repositories of avant-garde films. Jonas Mekas visited Screening Room in October 1981 to discuss the film preservation efforts of Anthology Film Archives and show and discuss his own work as well as films by other filmmakers, including Bruce Bailie, Maya Deren, and Joseph Cornell.