Film et Vidéo
- Auteurs : Gardner Robert (1925-2014) ; Breer Robert (1926-....) ;
- Editeurs : Watertown, Mass. Documentary Educational Resources ;
- Date d'édition : 2005
- Sujets : Films d'animation -- DVD -- États-Unis, Films ethnographiques DVD États-Unis, Breer, Robert -- Entretien -- DVD, Gardner
- Comprend : Screening room with Robert Gardner
- Langue(s) : Anglais
- Description matérielle : 1 DVD mono face toutes zones (1 h 15 min), : Coul., sonore
- Pays de publication : États-Unis
- Collection (notice d'ensemble) : Screening room DVD series, Animation.
Version en anglais
Indiqué sur la jaquette : Since the 1950s, American animator Robert Breer has been well-known for his films exploring shape, color, perspective and motion. His work exhibits innovative graphic and dramatic interpretation as well as great wit and humor, and has inspired generations of other filmmakers. Robert Breer's prolific career as painter, sculptor, animator, and filmmaker began in Paris in 1950. After studying engineering at Stanford University, his interests shifted to the mechanics of film and motion. He experimented with flipbooks and was influenced by European avant-garde movements, especially Dada and Cubism. He is well-known for drawing by hand on 4x6 index cards and animating those drawings in the camera. His film captures some aspects of beat poetry and music in its fragmented, collage aesthetic.