The study and research media library
The study and research media library allows researchers to view printed, audio, audiovisual and electronic materials, for in-depth individual or university-based research or to prepare a museum visit as part of a class project.
Registration is free and is carried out on site, on provision of evidence of research: student card, professional card, proof of research or motivation.
- open access : reference works arranged by continent, specialist journals – latest edition or complete collections;
- on request : most materials are stored in warehouses or storage spaces. 10 documents maximum;
- online : 12 computers provide access to extensive scientific material: online catalogs, electronic journals, CDs/DVDs, program for the Jacques Kerchache Reading Room, databases, links to websites and to Kiosque du monde.
- advance reservation of materials : 1 – 4 days, up to 10 documents;
- photocopying and printing in black and white. Please note that some documents may not be allowed for photocopy for conservation reasons;
- inter-library loans: service enabling you to view documents available in libraries outside Paris;
- room for group work (8 people);
- lockers for large objects (one euro coin required);
- special booth with adapted workstation for blind and visually-impaired persons (21-inch screen, Zoomtext character enlargement software, scanner, Jaws speech synthesis software, Optelec screen magnifier), open during media library opening hours;
- assistance for deaf persons, by appointment for persons wishing to study in the study and research media library.
Practical information and reservations
Useful information together with the information relatinghow to make making an appointments for to consult research works in the precious collections room and, the collections’ archives and the documentation of collections can be found on this page.