Four workstations for researchers and curious amateurs.
Study And Research media library
5th floor of the museum, direct from the museum entrance hall.
- Tuesday and Wednesday 11 am to 7 pm (late communications at 6.30 pm);
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11.00 am to 8.00 pm (late communications at 7.30 pm);
- Closed on Sundays, Mondays and public holidays.
- Heritage professionals;
- Culture professionals;
- Any person interested in viewing the collections.
You can view open-access printed materials (20,000 works and more than 100 specialist journals) and reserve works in storage and audio and audiovisual materials via the catalog.
From the computer workstations, you can search the catalog and our electronic resources, to view digital or audiovisual materials. You can also bring your laptop.
Room for group worK
Reservation required. Contact mediatheque[at]quaibranly.fr
The collections’ archives and documentation reading room
- Monday to Friday 10.00 am to 6.30 pm
- Closed at weekends and on bank holidays.
- Cultural heritage professionals;
- Any person requesting a viewing may come and view the archives of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac.
88,000 archival records on the history of the collections, on the institutions to which the museum is the successor, and on the museum itself.
The precious collectionS
- Cultural heritage professionals.
You can view printed materials from the precious collection as well as original items from the image library.
Jacques Kerchache Reading Room
Ground floor, from the entrance hall.
Admission is free, within the limits of available seats.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday from 11 am to 7 pm; Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 9 pm.
Open Mondays during short school holidays (all zones).
Closed on December 25th and May 1st (same opening hours as the museum).
Open to all museum visitors.
You have open access to the following:
- books of art and photographs, stories and history;
- cultural news journals;
- works to extend your visit of the permanent collections or to prepare for a journey.
Selections of works are offered in connection with temporary exhibitions, debate and lecture themes, and current issues.
Jacques Kerchache reading room Events
A venue for cultural mediation, the reading room offers regular events:
- encounters and round tables with authors, exhibition curators, ethnologists or artists;
- lectures on current research and publications, listening sessions, readings and music.
Numerous events are accessible for disabled people.