For their first time alone visiting the museum without their parents, children embark for trip around the world with 12 stops : Australia, Congo, Mexico, Vietnam... Each trip takes them at the heart of the art, myths and living arts of a group of peoples.
- 6 years and up
- length : 1h30
- tariff : 6 €
- language : French
2010-2011 Fall Winter calendar
AT THE HEART OF THE MASKS
Globetrotters in Congo
Globetrotters study shapes and colours of Kwele masks, listen to an initiation story and shape their own protective object.
- Saturday 14th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 1st June 2011 2:30 p.m.
THE OTHER TOY
Globetrotters in the Himalayas
Globetrotters learn about traditional games and stories. Globally responsible, they show their solidarity by bringing a toy to the museum to be donated to a refugee camp by UNHCR and Aviation Sans Frontières.
- Wednesday 13th April 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday 15th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 8th June 2011 2:30 p.m.
globetrotters in Australia
Globetrotters listen to a creation myth, study objects and learn to throw the boomerang.
- Thursday 14th April 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 18th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday 29th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday 11th June 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday 19th June 2011 2:30 p.m.
PRE COLOMBIAN CALENDAR
Globetrotters in Aztec times
Globetrotters study the legend of the quetzalcoatl, analyze Mexican glyphs and create their own visual agenda.
- Friday 15th April 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday 21st May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 15th June 2011 2:30 p.m.
Globetrotters in the Great Plains
Globetrotters listen to legend of the White Bison, look at body language on the North American Aboriginal peoples and reinvent the famous bison dance.
- Saturday 16th April 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 25th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday 12th June 2011 2:30 p.m.
Globetrotters in the Bengal
Globetrotters analyze the movements of the snake goddess, listen to her legend, and make a few steps in a codified body language.
- Wednesday 27th April 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday 28th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday 18th June 2011 2:30 p.m.
globetrotters in the Tonkin
Globetrotters look at costumes, study the customs of Viet Nam and tell their personal story on fabric.
- Saturday 30th April 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday 22nd May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 22nd June 2011 2:30 p.m.
PAINTING THE DREAM
globetrotters in the land of Arnhem
Globetrotters discover the art of Aboriginal Australians and the myths that give them meaning, and then paint their own dream.
- Wednesday 4th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 29th June 2011 2:30 p.m.
globetrotters in Central Africa
Globetrotters look at instruments, listen to creation myth, and work on their musical ear.
- Saturday 7th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday 8th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday 2nd July 2011 2:30 p.m.
globetrotters in the Marquesas Islands
Globetrotters look at tattooing tools, listen to a creation myth and leave with a temporary tattoo.
- Wednesday 11th May 2011 2:30 p.m.
Booking your ticket
- by phone
01 56 61 71 72 (Monday to Friday 10th a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Buy your ticket online at the FNAC website
- ticket office
Please note that same day ticket purchase is subject to availability, and advance booking is highly recommended. See museum and ticket office opening hours
workshops available to groups every day Tuesday to Friday
note :all globetrotter workshop destinations are not available for groups, inquire at 01 56 61 71 72
School groups, see the teachers and students brochure (pdf - 820 Kb)
inquire with the reservation service 01 56 61 71 72 or send an email to accessibilite.reservation(at)quaibranly.fr