the puppet master
Claude Lévi-Strauss theater
prices and ticket office
Event prices: 20 €/reduced price 15 €
- Friday 10th, Saturday 11th, Thursday 16th, Friday 17th, Saturday 18th, Thursday 23rd, Friday 24th, Saturday 25th February 2012 at 8.00 pm
- Tuesday 14th and 21sr February 2012 at 7.00 pm
- Wednesday 15th and 22nd February 2012 at 3.00 pm
- Sunday 12th and 19th February 2012 at 5.00 pm
From Friday 10th to Saturday 25th February 2012
Director Dominique Pitoiset pays homage to Vietnamese water puppets, which are unique in the world. The cradle of this tradition was the Thay pagoda, a temple built on the edge of a lake near Hanoi. It is through the peasants of the region that the scenes and secrets have been passed down from generation to generation.
A unique event that will be enjoyed by all, The Puppet Master is a dialogue with secular practices, imagining what might have been the origin of this graceful water-based spectacle.
a Théâtre national de Bordeaux en Aquitaine/Interarts Riviera Lausanne production; a National Puppet Theatre of Vietnam, Hanoi/musée du quai Branly/Theatres of the Town of Luxembourg/Le Parvis scène nationale de Tarbes Pyrénées co-production.
- Dramatist: Daniel Loayza
- Artistic collaboration: Kattrin Michel
- Set design: Dominique Pitoiset
- Set and lighting: Christophe Pitoiset
- With the puppet artists of the National Puppet Theatre of Vietnam: Dang Tu Dung, Le Hong Ha, Do Thi Kha, Ha Nguyen Tri, Nguyen Tien Dung, Nguyen Ngoc Triu, Nguyen Hong Phong, Hoang Dat Hien, Vu Kan Khieu and 3 musicians (distribution in progress)
Some months ago, during a trip to Vietnam, director Dominique Pitoiset, the director of the Théâtre national de Bordeaux Aquitaine, was confronted for the first time with the famous "water puppets"; an artform unique in the world.
The mixture of scholarly and popular origins of this theatrical form are lost in the mists of time. This magical tradition descends from the cult festivals associated with a temple near Hanoi, built in the middle of a lake. From there, these practices were diffused through the villages in the area, where the families of the peasants transmitted the scenes and secrets down through the generations until the present day.
Constituted of a succession of short tableaux involving traditional figures and puppets from other technical and artistic cultures, the creation of Pitoiset will be enjoyed by all, involving both thought and storytelling. Founded on secular practices, the performance is a dialogue with these practices, imagining what might have been the origin of this graceful water-based spectacle.
Autour du spectacle
Bords de scène
Rencontre avec l’équipe artistique à l’issue des représentations suivantes :
- Adultes : samedi 11 et dimanche 12 février 2012
- Enfants et familles : mercredi 15 et 22 février 2012
Aux origines du Maître des Marionnettes. Création contemporaine et traditions
Rencontre avec Dominique Pitoiset, metteur en scène, Daniel Loayza, dramaturge, et Jean-Luc Larguier, Producteur du spectacle Le Maître des Marionnettes.
Samedi 11 février 2012 à 16h – salle de cinéma
Accès libre dans la limite des places disponibles
Ecouter la table ronde :