reading room events
- Salon d'été (à partir du 15 juin)
En accès libre pour les visiteurs
Les zooms trimestriels du salon de lecture sont accompagnés de ressources documentaires variées : ouvrages historiques, dernières publications et une sélection de films et de musiques…
events related to the exhibitions
Coming soon – the programme for the reading room's events relating to the exhibition The Art of Hair.
Cliquer sur les visuels ci-dessus pour en savoir plus
Publication and research news
On the program: a roundtable organized by the publishers of CTHS: identity in question – perspectives of an ethnologist...
To learn more about the news of publication and research
Situations of contemporary art in the world
One Thursday a month, at 7pm, these roundtables convene actors from the contemporary art world, artists, curators, and theorists, who analyze the mutations induced in the art world by the generalized relationship of societies.
Learn more on the rendez-vous around the situations of contemporary art
In 2010, the musée du quai Branly acquired a major collection from central Africa, donated by Mrs. Fernande Vène.
- more than 3500 books and 90 magazines to extend or prepare for your visit to the museum, classified by theme (related to the exhibitions or the collections, contemporary art, photography, textiles, tattooing, history of colonialism, great explorers, stories from four continents etc.)
- access to the online catalogues of the media library
- a selection of CDs and DVDs (PDF - 315 kb) and reviews on line on the new documentary portal on the computer terminals:
* related to the museum's news (the reading room display, Theme close-up etc.)
* around the exhibitions
Meetings are free to the public, depending of avalability of space. No reservation necessary.
The Jacques Kerchache Reading Room can be accessed from the museum's main hallway.
To receive the Reading Room's listing of events, write to: mediatheque(at)quaibranly.fr