dance at quai branly
Three dance weekends see artists from Indonesia, Tunisia and South Africa come together with European artists to present shows in which the original music gives life to the dance and to the movement that it inspires and shapes.
In Ghost Track, a contemporary gamelan score animates the choreography by Dutch dance company LeineRoebana, uniting Indonesian and Dutch artists in search of a shared heritage.
In Rayahzone, Sufi chants inspire the Thabet brothers, Tunisian artists performing a balance between dance and acrobatics.
In Kudu, the hypnotic music of the Erik Truffaz Quartet meets the South African dancers of Gregory Maqoma.
Ghost Track, LeineRoebana Dance Company
- Thursday 20th to Sunday 23rd March 2014
- Find out more about Ghost Track
Rayahzone, by Ali and Hèdi Thabet
- Friday 28th to Sunday 30th March 2014
- Find out more about Rayahzone
Kudu, Gregory Maqoma & the Vuyani Dance Theater and Erik Truffaz Quartet
- Thursday 3rd, Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th April 2014
- Find out more about Kudu
- 20 € (full price) /15 € (reduced price)
- +33 (0)1 56 61 71 72, Monday to Friday 10 am to 4:30 pm
- via the fnac website