andersen in vietnam
Presented by the National Water Puppetry Theatre of Vietnam, this show is a Vietnamese adaptation of three fairy tales by the Danish author: The Steadfast Tin Soldier, The Ugly Duckling and The Little Mermaid.
from Thursday 26th to Monday 30th December 2013
In water, nine puppeteers use traditional techniques to operate and animate puppets created especially for the show, inspired by the characters of Hans Christian Andersen reinterpreted in a Vietnamese style.
Following the success of Le Maître des marionnettes [The Puppet Master], a reinterpretation of a Vietnamese water puppet show by stage director Dominique Pitoiset, performed at the musée du quai Branly in 2012, the Museum presents a return journey as part of the festival. Stage director Ngo Quynh Giao has adapted 3 famous tales by Hans Christian Andersen, which are part of the European collective imagination, to be performed by the puppets of the Hanoi Theatre, to music composed by Henry Torgue.
- Project design: Ngo Quynh Giao and Jean-Luc Larguier
- Production: Ngô Quynh Giao and Nguyen Tien Dung
- Puppet design and fabrication: Ngô Quynh Giao
- Music: Henry Torgue
- Lighting: Christophe Pitoiset
- Thursday December 26th at 2 pm and 5 pm
- Friday December 27th at 2 pm and 5 pm
- Saturday December 28th at 2 pm and 5 pm
- Sunday December 29th at 2 pm and 5 pm
- Monday December 30th at 2 pm and 5 pm
The show will be translated into French sign language (LSF) on Friday 27th and Saturday 28th December at 2 pm, and on Sunday 29th and Monday 30th December at 5 pm.
- 20 € (full price) / 15 € (reduced price)
- +33 (0)1 56 61 71 72 - Monday to Friday 10 am to 4:30 pm
- Meet the artists back stage after each performance at 5 pm
Encounters on Sunday 29th and Monday 30th December will be translated into French sign language (LSF).