andersen in vietnam
Presented by the National Water Puppetry Theatre of Vietnam, this show is a Vietnamese adaptation of three fairy tales by the Danish author: The Steadfast Tin Soldier, The Ugly Duckling and The Little Mermaid.
from thursday 26 to monday 30 december 2013
In water, nine puppeteers use traditional techniques to operate and animate puppets created especially for the show, inspired by the characters of Hans Christian Andersen reinterpreted in a Vietnamese style.
Following the success of Le Maître des marionnettes [The Puppet Master], a reinterpretation of a Vietnamese water puppet show by stage director Dominique Pitoiset, performed at the Musée du quai Branly in 2012, the museum presents a return journey as part of the festival. Stage director Ngo Quynh Giao has adapted 3 famous tales by Hans Christian Andersen, which are part of the European collective imagination, to be performed by the puppets of the Hanoi Theatre, to music composed by Henry Torgue.
- Project design: Ngo Quynh Giao and Jean-Luc Larguier
- Production: Ngô Quynh Giao and Nguyen Tien Dung
- Puppet design and fabrication: Ngô Quynh Giao
- Music: Henry Torgue
- Lighting: Christophe Pitoiset
- Thursday 26 December at 14:00 and 17:00
- Friday 27 December at 14:00 and 17:00
- Saturday 28 December at 14:00 and 17:00
- Sunday 29 December at 14:00 and 17:00
- Monday 30 December at 14:00 and 17:00
The show will be translated into French sign language (LSF) on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 December at 14:00, and on Sunday 29 and Monday 30 December at 17:00.
- €20 (full price) / €15 (reduced price)
- 01 56 61 71 72 - Monday to Friday 10:00 to 16:30.
- Encounter with the artists back stage after each performance at 17:00.
Encounters on Sunday 29 and Monday 30 December will be translated into French sign language (LSF).