from 13 november 2013 to 26 january 2014
- Atelier Martine Aublet
- Collections or twin ticket
- Christine Barthe, manager of the Heritage Unit of the photographic collections at the musée du quai Branly
- Céline Martin-Raget, head of Publishing at the musée du quai Branly
This installation takes place in the context of the 4th edition of Photoquai, biennial of world images produced by the musée du quai Branly.
About the installation
Since 2007, this annual programme supporting contemporary photographic creation has enabled a number of contemporary artists, all non-European, to suggest a creative project linked to cross-cultural dialogue and which are consistent with a personal aesthetic trajectory.
The works selected for this first presentation of the PHOTOQUAI Residences enables the demonstration of the dynamism of contemporary creation on different continents via photography. The selection takes into account quality and the potential correspondences between the works produced. These works were produced between 2008 and 2013, by the following artists:
- Sammy Baloji (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Allers et Retours series
- Cinthya Soto (Costa Rica), Landscape (re)found series
- Fiona Pardington (New Zealand), Whahaakua : the pressure of sunlight falling series
- Joao Castilho (Brazil), Vade retro series
- Hugo Aveta (Argentina), Soma, there lives the time series