From 13th November 2013 to 26th January 2014
- Martine Aublet Workshop
- Collections or twin ticket
- Christine Barthe, manager of the Heritage Unit of the photographic collections at the musée du quai Branly
- Céline Martin-Raget, head of Publishing at the musée du quai Branly
This installation takes place in the context of the 4th edition of Photoquai, biennial of world images produced by the musée du quai Branly.
About the installation
Since 2007, this annual programme supports contemporary photographic creation and has enabled a number of contemporary artists, all non-European, to conceive a creative project linked to cross-cultural dialogue that corresponds to the artists' personal aesthetic development.
The works selected for this first presentation of the PHOTOQUAI Residences uses photography to demonstrates the dynamism of world-wide contemporary creation. The selection process takes into account the quality of the works as well as the potential correspondences between the works produced. The series below were produced between 2008 and 2013 by the following artists:
- Sammy Baloji (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Allers et Retours series
- Cinthya Soto (Costa Rica), Landscape (re)found series
- Fiona Pardington (New Zealand), Whahaakua: the pressure of sunlight falling series
- Joao Castilho (Brazil), Vade retro series
- Hugo Aveta (Argentina), Soma, time lives series