around The seduction of the palate exhibition
guided tour of the exhibition
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
CALENDAR FROM 23 JUNE
- Saturdays 4, 11, 18 and 25 August and Saturday 1 September at 2.30 pm
- Sunday 24 June at 4.00 pm
- Saturdays 23 and 30 June, Saturdays 7, 14, 21 and 28 July at 6.00 pm
narrated tours of the exhibition
For families with children from 6 years of age
To choose his successor, the emperor of China puts his three sons to a strange test: each must compose a menu reflecting the soul and history of his people... A voyage in story-telling by Isabelle Genlis, Gwenola Sanquer or Eric Frossard about the origin of food and its status in Chinese culture.
- in the context of the Seductions of the Palate weekend Saturday and Sunday 7 and 8 July at 2.30 pm (free)
- the following Sundays at 11.30 am : 8, 15, 22 and 29 July, 12, 19 and 26 August, 9 and 23 September (usual rate)
Catalogue for The Seductions of the Palate, Eating and Cooking in China,
22 x 28 cm, 216 pages; paperback, €35
coedition musée du quai Branly – Actes Sud - le Rouergue.
The Seductions of the Palate Before and weekend
BEFORE 6 JULY FROM 7.00 PM TO 11.00 PM
For this last Before of the season, visit the exhibition, which is open until 11.00 pm and in the presence of the speakers from 7.00 pm to 8.30 pm. Then, with your taste buds tingling, enjoy a long summer evening with gastronomy, music and culture.
SPECIAL SEDUCTIONS OF THE PALATE WEEKEND, SATURDAY 7 AND SUNDAY 8 JULY
After the Before, a special weekend relating to gastronomy and Chinese culture: narrated tour of the exhibition, introduction to Chinese games, an encounter in the reading room and – of course – the traditional tea ceremony.