around the exhibition
Gradhiva special issue
Gradhiva n°19, 224 pages, 90 illustrations, 20 €, ISBN: 978-2-35744-073-9
Exhibition on social network
Nancy Cunard competition
Try to win a transatlantic crossing on board the Queen Mary 2 for two people!*
Visit the musée du quai Branly's exhibition "L’Atlantique noir" de Nancy Cunard - "Negro Anthology" (1931-1934), and answer three questions about the exhibition.
The winners will be randomly selected amongst the correct answers.
*Prize presented by Compagnie Internationale de croisières Cunard Download the competition rules.
Before event around the exhibition
Friday 7th March 2014
Dance, fashion, music, poetry, photography... New York in the 1930s and the history of Ethiopia. This evening's programme includes:
- Exhibition tour and discovery of works from the associated collections
- Encounter with Katell Pouliquen – author of the book "Afro, une célébration"
- Dance: XANGÔ with Washington Timbo
- Voyage into the world of Zora Neale Hurston with Sara Darmayan and Frank Williams
- Film-concert: The struggle in Ethiopia - Pays Barbare (Barbaric Land), by Angela Ricci Lucchi and Yervant Gianikian/Les Films d'Ici, 2013 with TURZI electronic experience
- Performance: Antigone Jr. [Excerpt] With Trajal Harrell and Thibault Lac
- DJ set live and dance floor with Victor Kiswell
With the support of Docapost
Reading room events relating to the exhibition
Thursday, 3rd April
Round table with Amzat Boukari Yabara, historian, Patrick Silberstein, president of éditions Syllepse and Jonathan Bartoli, collaborator on Syllepse's Radical America collection.