around the exhibition
gradhiva special issue
Gradhiva n°19, 224 pages, 90 illustrations, 20 €, ISBN: 978-2-35744-073-9
Exhibition on social network
Nancy Cunard competition
Try to win a transatlantic crossing on board the Queen Mary 2 for two people!*
Visit the musée du quai Branly's exhibition "L’Atlantique noir" de Nancy Cunard - "Negro Anthology" (1931-1934), and answer three questions about the exhibition.
The winners will be selected by random draw from those providing correct answers.
*Prize presented by Compagnie Internationale de croisières Cunard Download the competition rules.
Before event around the exhibition
friday 07 march 2014
Dance, fashion, music, poetry, photography... New York in the 1930s and the history of Ethiopia are on the programme for the evening.
- Exhibition tour and discovery of works from the associated collections
- With Katell Pouliquen – author of the book "Afro, une célébration"
- Dance: XANGÔ with Washington Timbo
- Voyage into the world of Zora Neale Hurston with Sara Darmayan and Frank Williams
- Film-concert: The struggle in Ethiopia - Pays Barbare, by Angela Ricci Lucchi and Yervant Gianikian/Les Films d'Ici, 2013 with TURZI electronic experience
- Performance: Antigone Jr. [Excerpt] With Trajal Harrell and Thibault Lac
- DJ set live and dance floor with Victor Kiswell
With the support of Docapost
Reading room events around the exhibition
thursday, april 3
Round table with Amzat Boukari Yabara, historian, Patrick Silberstein, president of éditions Syllepse and Jonathan Bartoli, collaborator on Syllepse's Radical America collection.