Jacques Kerchache reading room
Here, the visitor can prepare for or round off his time at the museum, and inform himself further on the collections it conserves.
The rendezvous programme enables you to find out about the latest publications and contemporary culture of countries represented, through readings and encounters with authors, researchers and artists.
The room contains 50 seats and 10 computer stations connected to the museum network
On the shelves:
- 5000 works (exhibition catalogues, art books, folktales, atlases, etc.), including 500 specifically aimed at younger readers;
- 70 informational and cultural news reviews bearing on the museum and on the countries represented in it;
- cultural activity files.
Access for visitors provided with museum or study and research mediatheque entry requirements: on the ground floor in the museum reception hall
- Tuesday to Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 6.30 p.m., Thursday until 9.30 p.m.
- closed on Mondays
Documents may only be consulted in situ.
- consult freely accessible collections;
- obtain bibliographic assistance;
- consult cultural news files;
- view programmed films;
- listen to programmed discs and sound documents;
- copy documents (paying photocopying and printing).
- Access catalogues and digitised documents via the ‘Beyond the Walls’ scientific site;
- consult the Rendezvous programme.
- Teachers: in collaboration with the museum’s pedagogical activity service;
- Young visitors (8 to 15 years of age);
- Sight impaired or blind visitors (specially adapted computer station: reading machine, character recognition and vocal synthesis software).