Jacques Kerchache reading room
Here, the visitor can prepare for or round off his time at the Museum and gain extra information regarding the collections it conserves.
The rendezvous program enables you to find out about the latest publications and contemporary culture of the countries represented, through readings and encounters with authors, researchers and artists.
The room contains 50 seats and 10 computer stations connected to the Museum network
On the shelves:
- 5000 documents (exhibition catalogues, art books, folktales, atlases, etc.), including 500 specifically aimed at younger readers;
- 70 informational and cultural news journals bearing on the Museum and on the countries represented through its collections;
- cultural activity files.
Access: on the ground floor in the Museum reception hall
- Tuesday to Sunday, from 10.00 am to 6.30 pm, Thursday until 9.30 pm
- closed on Mondays
Documents may only be consulted in situ.
- freely consult accessible collections;
- obtain bibliographic assistance;
- consult cultural news files;
- view programed films;
- listen to programed discs and audio documents;
- copy documents (charge for photocopying and printing).
- Access catalogues and digitized documents via the ‘Beyond the Walls’ scientific site;
- consult the Rendezvous programme.
- Teachers: in collaboration with the museum’s pedagogical activity service;
- Young visitors (8 to 15 years of age);
- Visually impaired visitors (specially adapted computer station: reading machine, character recognition and vocal synthesis software).