The age of reason
Film et Vidéo
- Auteurs : MacDougall David ;
- Editeurs : London The Royal Anthropological Institute ;
- Date d'édition : 200X
- Sujets : Enseignement -- DVD -- Inde, Élite (sciences sociales), Garçons, Films ethnographiques Inde DVD
- Langue(s) : Anglais
- Description matérielle : 1 DVD mono face toutes zones (1 h 27 min), : Coul. (PAL), son.
- Pays de publication : Royaume-Uni
- Collection (notice d'ensemble) : Doon School Quartet, 5,
Version originale en anglais ; Lieu de tournage : Dehra Dun, Inde du Nord
Indiqué sur la jaquette : In this fifth and final film in the Doon School quintet, MacDougall focuses on the life of one student whom he discovers at the school. The film was made in parallel with The New Boys and intersects with it at several points. However, instead of looking at the group, it explores the toughts and feelings of Abhishek, a 12-year-old from Nepal, during his first days and weeks as a Doon student. This is at once the story of the encounter between a filmmaker and his subject and a glimpse of the mind of a child at “the age of reason.