The news boys
Film et Vidéo
- Auteurs : MacDougall David ;
- Editeurs : London The Royal Anthropological Institute ;
- Date d'édition : 200X
- Sujets : Enseignement -- DVD -- Inde, Élite (sciences sociales), Garçons, Films ethnographiques Inde DVD
- Langue(s) : Anglais
- Description matérielle : 1 DVD mono face toutes zones (1 h 40 min), : Coul. (PAL), son.
- Pays de publication : Royaume-Uni
- Collection (notice d'ensemble) : Doon School Quartet, 4,
Version originale en anglais ; Lieu de tournage : Dehra Dun, Inde du Nord
Indiqué sur la jaquette : The social dynamics of the group is the focus of this study of life in Foot House, one of Doon School’s dormitories for new boys. It begins a few days before the boys appear and shows them arriving, struggling with their trunks and suitcases. It then follows them for the next two months of their lives in the house. The film provides a comparison to the group viewed in With Morning Hearts, for these boys appear more divided and class-conscious. Within the group there is a range of personalities and backgrounds—some are natural leaders, some subject to teasing and bullying, some argumentative, some peace-makers. An important feature of the film is the inclusion of conversations among the boys about the causes of aggression and warfare, homesickness, restaurant food, and how to speak to a ghost.