Film et Vidéo
- Auteurs : MacDougall David ;
- Editeurs : London The Royal Anthropological Institute ;
- Date d'édition : 2008
- Sujets : Orphelins -- DVD -- Inde -- New Delhi (Inde), Enfants abandonnés, Garçons, Films ethnographiques Inde DVD
- Langue(s) : Anglais
- Description matérielle : 1 DVD mono face toutes zones (3 h 03 min), : Coul. (PAL), son.
- Pays de publication : Royaume-Uni
Version originale en hindi, sous-titres en anglais ; Lieu de tournage : Inde, Jahangirpuri, New Delhi
A monolithic building on the outskirts of Delhi provides food and shelter for 350 boys. Some are orphans, some have been abandoned, others have run away from home. About half are held under a court order, having been picked up for petty crimes. Living at the institution for several months, MacDougall explores its routines and the varied experiences of several boys. Despite the harshness of their lives, many show remarkable strength of character, knowledge, and resilience. One day 181 child labourers arrive, placing additional strain on the building’s deteriorating facilities. The institution does what it can, but is it enough ?