Love, adversity, heroism: immerse yourself in one of the most quixotic episodes of the Book of Kings, the founding epic of Persian culture, transposed for this performance into a prodigious shadow theatre animated through the grandeur of nature.
Saturday 15 December: The 6pm performance and the talk with Hamid Rahmanian at 4pm shall go ahead as scheduled.
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE
Iranian illustrator and director of animated films, Hamid Rahmanian has adapted for the stage the tale of Zal and Roudabeh, taken from a chapter of the legendary Book of Kings – Shânâmè by the poet Ferdowsi. This epic, written in the 10th century and considered to be one of the greatest Asian literary works, tells the mythological story of ancient Persia in verse including several tales of heroes and celebrated figures from Iranian history.
Created in 2016 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music under the original title Feathers of Fire, this performance uniquely mixes shadow puppet techniques, film animation and theatre. These multiple disciplines take on a lyrical life of their own on stage that tells of this founding epic of Persian culture, which has been continually read, recited and copied for over one thousand years.
In English with French surtitles
Closed on 08/12/2018:
Visitors with tickets for Saturday 8 December who were unable to attend the rescheduled performance on Sunday 9 at 2pm may request a refund by sending their bank account details to regie[at]quaibranly.fr before 16 December.
- Categorie : Events
- Conceived, designed and directed by Hamid Rahmanian
- In collaboration with Larry Reed andShadowLight Productions
- Original Music Loga Ramin Torkian and Azam Ali
- Based on the book, Shahnameh: The Epic of the Persian Kings
- Avec Ya Wen Chien, Gabriela Garcia, Ariel Lauryn, Rose Nisker, Leah Ogawa, Fred C. Riley III, Mohammad Talani and Dina Zarif.
- A Fictionville Studio and Banu Productions production
- Co-production Ahmad Kiarostami
- Created under the original title: Feathers of Fire: A Persian Epic by Hamid Rahmanian
- Duration: 01:15
- Place: Théâtre Claude Lévi-Strauss
The Sunday 09 December 2018 from 14:00 to 15:10
The Sunday 09 December 2018 from 16:00 to 17:15
The Wednesday 12 December 2018 from 16:30 to 17:45
The Thursday 13 December 2018 from 20:00 to 21:15
The Saturday 15 December 2018 from 18:00 to 19:15
The Sunday 16 December 2018 from 16:00 to 17:15
- Handicap moteur
- Public: All publics
Events ticketFull price: 20,00 €Reduce rate: 15,00 €
Click here to see all rates