L'équipement informatique du salon de lecture Jacques Kerchache et de la médiathèque a été offert par Sony France.
the mediatheque collections
the mediatheque collections
The collections mainly come from two institutions: the Musée national des Arts d’Afrique et d’Océanie, formerly the musée des Colonies founded in 1931, and the musée de l’Homme, created in 1937 and heir to the musée d’ethnographie du Trocadéro. The collections are continually growing as a result of new acquisitions.
The mediatheque fulfils a double mission: a cultural heritage mission (conservation of collections and putting them on display to the public), and a documentary mission (increasing collections by acquiring old documents, new publications and electronic documents …)
Printed, sound and audiovisual documents
- 250 000 works on the arts and civilizations of Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas
- 3 000 specialist reviews, including 600 current subscriptions
- more than 300 electronic scientific journals
- a collection of sound and audiovisual documents
- a precious collection of approximately 3,500 works from the 17th to the 19th centuries: travel accounts, historia, geography, scientific expeditions, etc.
- 500 microfiches of ethnology and anthropology theses
- data bases of bibliographical references
Consultation at the library. Interlibrary Loan.
The mediatheque catalogue
The iconotheque collections
Collections concerning scientific expeditions and journeys as well as the history of institutions. 700,000 graphic items (photographs, posters, drawings, engravings, etc.
Consultation of the iconotheque catalogue or the precious collections exhibition room by appointment only. The iconotheque does not have a commercial vocation. For all requests to use photographs, please contact the SCALA archives agency.
To contact Scala Archives
- e-mail: firenze(at)scalarchives.com
- website: www.scalarchives.com
- telephone: +39-055-62 33 216
Requests for photographs to be used by the press should be sent by e-mail to the communications department of the museum: communication(at)quaibranly.fr
Archives and documentation of the collections
This documentation provides information about the history of the musée du quai Branly collections.
Collection files, thematic files (collectors, ethnographic missions, historic exhibitions, etc.), exhibition, public and private archive collections (anthropologists, missions, art historians, artists).
Consultation of references on the archives catalogue and documentation of the collections. Consultation of documents on-site by appointment at the request of the researcher.
Scientific documentation on Internet
The Internet web documentary portal, Scientific documentation, displays the scientific contents of the museum:
- objects catalogue
- iconotheque catalogue
- mediatheque catalogue
- archives catalogue and documentation of collections
- electronic journals and bibliographic data bases
- consultation of CD/DVDs